Product Review: Tweezerman Deluxe Eyelash Curler

An eyelash curler is a funny thing, a funny love-hate thing. Some people think that it looks like a weapon of mass lash destruction, others cannot go anywhere without it. I fall into the latter category, but only as of about a year and a half ago. Before then, I was always scared that I would rip my eyelashes out or somehow blind myself if I used one, but suffering from pin straight lashes and desiring the oh-so-feminine curl, I decided to go ahead and try one out. I went for the No.7 one when I was shopping in Boots one day; I had a £5 off voucher so thing only cost me about £2.50 I believe.

The difference it gave me lashes was fantastic!........For a while. It, like most other lash curlers comes with one of those foamy pads that with time and use weaken at the point where it presses against the top metal plate as you curl your lashes, causing a tear to occur, and subsequently every time you curl your lashes they get stuck in that gap and instead of a pretty curl, look creased. Blegh! Those pads also aren't the easiest things to clean...hello bad hygiene near sensitive eye region!

So I had been thinking about purchasing a new one, but didn't really know where to look as most I had seen had the same foamy pad, then whilst also in boots I glimpsed the Tweezerman curler! *Angelic 'ahhhhhh'* I adore my Tweezerman tweezers, so took a closer look. For £14 you get a sturdy metal curler with non-stick, thick silicone pads...yes, pads! Not just the one on the curler, but and additional 3 to last you for many, many years! I knew I should give this one a chance, and the next morning whilst I was putting on my make-up I gave this a try. It feels quite different to other curlers, in that as you clamp down on your lashes, there is very little of that 'spongy' feeling, but the result is the best curl to my lashes that I have ever seen, no way of tearing the pad, and an easy-to-clean surface.



Overall these are absolutely fantastic, and I would recommend them to anyone sick of lash creasing. They are a bit costly compared to cheaper curlers, but if you consider the fact that these will probably last you a lifetime, you cannot go wrong!

Mega Love xx

1 comment:

  1. HI!!! Your blog is very interesting!! Love it!!
    I follow you! Please, follow me too!!
    Kisses from Spain!!
    http://atacadas2011.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, loving :)?